Greenbank student village is home for over 420 University of Liverpool students every year. It is set in a well-known area of Liverpool, at the bottom of the world famous Penny Lane.
Demolition Project For The University of Liverpool
The project involved the Bradley Group undertaking:
- A complete strip of all licensed and non-licensed asbestos containing material (ACM) from within the buildings
- A complete strip out of buildings, removing all internal aspects
- Mechanical demolition of six 2, 3 and 4 storey buildings
- The crushing of all hard-core materials from the demolition activity to a 6f 2 graded specification for reuse on the project
- A reduced level dig to site area to engineers specifications
- The formation of piling mats using recycled graded material from the project
- Work around live gas and electric services
- A tight traffic management system ensuring safe working
University of Liverpool Investing in more than studies
As part of the three year development, the University of Liverpool will invest a total of £62 million in ensuring student life is more than just studying. The University is investing in fitness rooms, student life centres, bars, restaurants, communal spaces etc.