Project name: Mountview House, London
Scope: Soft strip, removal of roof and steel work, removal of stairwell and lift shafts, asbestos removal
Duration: 4 weeks
Completion: September 2015
The Mountview House was used for commercial purposes by a variety of businesses, one of the buildings was an old mechanic garage, approximately 1002m and 10 metre high.
Our works included:
- Non-licensed asbestos removal that needed to take place prior to the demolition works
- Temporary propping, to keep the structure in a safe condition, whilst amending aspects for new windows, doors and stairwells
- Manual demolition techniques using ring saws and hydraulic breakers to break through 10 inch concrete
- Mechanical demolition to steel and concrete frame buildings
- Installation of new channels for drainage in ground floor slab to engineers specifications
Demolition works enabled new property developments in the area, which will provide new homes for approximately 20 families.
“I have dealt with Bradley since 2007, during which time they have provided our business with excellent service. Their work has always been of a professional standard, they are efficient, dependable and deliver work on or ahead of programme, with a very proactive attitude.
I can confidently recommend Bradley as a solid and reliable contractor, and experts in their field.”
Mark Lyons, Managing Director Forrest