The three story gothic style Grade II listed Ancoats Dispensary first opened its doors in 1874. Bradley Group undertook demolition works prior to the redevelopment of the site by Great Places Housing Group.
The project was a logistical challenge with a number of site constraints in place. The derelict building was in a poor state of repair and required a revised façade retention system prior to demolition works, hand demolition from the scaffold was required in parts of the building. The demolition method included a mixture of man-riding baskets from cranes and machine demolition from a safe distance with MEWPs carefully cutting loose the internal walls from the remaining facades.