Over 140 homes in total have been affected on the estate by mining subsistence. Working with the principal contractor we had to work to a tight programme. This included removal of asbestos containing materials, demolition of the properties within their footprint and the removal of all demolition arisings from site. The site backed onto live residential properties on the Poets Estate, therefore demolition works were required to control noise and dust as far as reasonably practicable. In addition to the original scope, trees and shrubbery were removed at the request of the client. In the ground, the footings were larger than expected, being more than 2.5 metres deep. Despite this unexpected element of the works, these were removed completely and the works were completed on programme, allowing the piling contractor access to the site on time.
- Removal of asbestos containing materials (ACMs)
- Demolition of houses within a tight site footprint
- Control of environmental hazards such as noise and dust
- Excavation of deep footings
- Removal of all green waste
- Removal of all demolition waste
- Liaison with the neighbouring properties
The houses we demolished on Shakespeare Road are to be replaced with new homes.