Project name: Charter House
Scope: Removal of reinforced concrete internal walls, asbestos removal, soft strip, demolition.
Duration: 9 weeks
Completion: November 2015
We were contracted to undertake the soft strip, demolition and asbestos removal from Charter House in order for the building to be remodelled and updated. Charter House is the largest high residential block in Eccles and part of a £54.3m investment to improve a dozen high-rise towers in Salford. This included the following:
- Internal structural alterations to the tower block and floors
- Waste removal solution in the formation of a compliant tube and clip scaffold chute and drop zone area
- Soft strip materials from all floors. Internal manual demolition of the non-load bearing walls
- Removal of all licensed and non-licensed asbestos containing materials
- Controls applied to negotiate the hazards of working at heights, noise, dust production and manual handling
The internal and external refurbishment work at the 20-storey development included wall insulation, window and door replacements, internal remodelling, new heating and upgrades to kitchens and bathrooms.
“I have dealt with Bradley since 2007, during which time they have provided our business with excellent service. Their work has always been of a professional standard, they are efficient, dependable and deliver work on or ahead of programme, with a very proactive attitude.
I can confidently recommend Bradley as a solid and reliable contractor, and experts in their field.”
Mark Lyons, Managing Director Forrest