The empty college building had been the subject of a string of vandal attacks since it closed. The county council was told the building had gone beyond its useful lifespan and was un-saleable in its current state.
We worked as the principle contractor, overseeing all aspects including full arrangement of services disconnections to facilitate the demolition and the future use of the site.
The project included:
- Providing 24 hour security
- The removal of licensed and non-licensed asbestos materials
- Extensive strip out to scope areas
- Programming and control of subcontractors relating to scaffolding provision
- Removal of solar panels for reuse by the client
- Excavated 500 mm thick slabs and 3 metre footings to an area of approximately 899 cubic meters
- Removal of all waste from cleared site
Work on constructing a new building on the site was then able to start.